|Susan Abdella and Kay Fugagli, left to right seated, and Alyce LeVoie and Randy Gifford, standing, learn more about computers at Prendergast Library, where a new schedule of classes for July is available. To register or get information about the free classes, call 484-7135. (Contributor's Photo)|
JAMESTOWN, NY - Prendergast Library has released its schedule of public computer classes for July, including brand new classes in electronic device help, couponing, and medical websites.
Electronic device help will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 17. Those attending are invited to bring their questions and their device to get assistance with equipment such as a laptop, eReader, and tablet.
Couponing is offered from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 18. Participants will bring coupons and use a computer to learn how to save money.
Medical websites is a two-hour class offered from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, July 20, or Friday, Aug. 3. The instructor will help people locate and evaluate medical information available online.
Other single-session classes include:
- iPad for the Future, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 10
- Internet Basics, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday, July 23
- Resume Workshop, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, July 16 or Monday, July 30
- Using a Digital Camera, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 25.
- Build a Website, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday, July 30.
Series being offered are:
- Introduction to Computers, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. July 9, 11 and 13 or July 23, 25 and 27
- Introduction to Excel, 10 a.m. to noon, July 16, 18, and 20
More details about the classes are available at www.prendergastlibrary.org.
One-on-one instruction by appointment is also available for assistance with eReaders, audio books, OverDrive, Facebook, Internet searching, email, resume writing, and online applications.
To register for classes or schedule an appointment for individual help, call 484-7135, Ext. 225, or stop at the information desk. Prendergast Library is located at 509 Cherry St., Jamestown.